Presented by Lenox Hill Hospital
Fitness Classes, Seminars, Health Screenings, Book Signings, Vendors, Giveaways and More
Workout with Tae Bo Creator Billy Blanks
Meet the entire PIX11 News Team
Appearances by: the Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Kathy Wakile and Richard Wakile, The Bill Cunningham Show host, Bill Cunningham
On Saturday October 27th, PIX11 again is bringing together the top experts in the health and wellness fields for an all-day, all-ages expo. The second annual PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan on Saturday, October 27th from 11am to 5pm and will be hosted by Dr. Steve Salvatore, of the nationally syndicated program “Dr. Steve.” The PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo is presented by Lenox Hill Hospital, part of the North Shore-LIJ Health System.
Through the use of classes, demonstrations, seminars and hands-on experience, PIX11 will provide a day of information and entertainment that the whole family will enjoy. The event will bring together a variety of doctors, nutritionists, sports and fitness specialists, wellness celebrities and authors, plus vendor booths and health/wellness screenings.
Fitness classes include: Tae Bo with Billy Blanks, Zumba Fitness® with Joanne Rossiter, WAT Muay Thai Boxing, YOGA with Diamond Dallas Page, Full Body Reaction with Ray Wallace, Matrixx Bootcamp with Calvin Stewart and Kick-Hopping with Leo Wright/Healthfirst…with more to come!
Expert speakers include:
- Lenox Hill Hospital’s Rafael Ortiz, MD: “Healthy Body, Healthy Brain,”
- Lenox Hill Hospital’s Marc S. Kowalsky, MD: “Sports Injuries in the Young Athlete”
- Lenox Hill Hospital’s Jerome Kogan, PsyD: “Conquering Depression in Older Adults”
- Lenox Hill Hospital’s Tamara Kuittinen, MD: “Six Dangers at Home Which You May Not Have Planned For”
- North Shore-LIJ Health System’s Catherine Blotiau: “Halloween Safety”
- Lenox Hill Hospital’s Suzanne Steinbaum, MD: “Women and Heart Disease: What We Know and What We Can Do”
- Lenox Hill Hospital’s Robert Graham, MD: “Integrative Health: From Acupuncture to Yoga”
- Lenox Hill Hospital’s John Cooper, MD: “Living with Arthritis: How to Maintain an Active Lifestyle”
- PIX11’s Lionel: “Becoming a Vegan, Transitioning to a Plant-Based Diet and Living to Tell About It”
- Smile Arts of NY’s Dr. Peter Mann “Pain Free Dentistry”
- Lou Paradise: “SAFE, EFFECTIVE PAIN MANAGEMENT OPTIONS AND WELLNESS TACTICS FOR OPTIMUM HEALTH”
- Dr. Lawrence Balter: “How to Raise a Confident Child”
- Arden Greenspan-Goldberg LCSW: “Aerial Parenting Tips on Averting Meltdowns between You and Your Children”
Other Expo activities include:
- Work out with fitness superstar/Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks
- A meet and greet with Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Kathy Wakile and Richard Wakile (at the Herbal Mist lounge in booth #100)
- A meet and greet with daytime talk show host Bill Cunningham (at the Bill Cunningham Show booth #139)
- A book signing with Keri Glassman, MS, RD, CDN, author of Slim Calm Sexy Diet (at the Konsyl Fiber booth #221)
- Meet Mr. Met from the New York Mets (on the Expo floor)
- Plus meet PIX11’s Dr. Steve, Jodi Applegate, Mr. G, Kaity Tong, Sukanya Krishnan, Tamsen Fadal, Lionel, Linda Church, Lisa Mateo, Greg Mocker, Dan Mannarino, Mario Diaz and Craig Allen (at the PIX11 booth # 136)
- Contests and giveaways (including iPads at the Time Warner Lounge)
PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo Sponsors include: Time Warner Cable, Novo Nordisk, Goya, Shop Rite, KIND Healthy Snacks, 989 and Herbal Mist, The WAT, Healthfirst, Zicam, Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation, Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation, MS Society of NY, City Harvest, Boomer Esiason Foundation, Long Island University – Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy, Laser Cosmetica, Optimum Performance Chiropractic, Zenthea Dental, Golfher, Gilly’s Organics, Lifehouse Chiropractic, American Laser Skin Care, Smile Arts of NY, Espirit Wellness, Upper Cervical Chiropractic of NY, Vetstrong Amnutrition, Konsyl Fiber, Vibrant Health, Dr. Soltanoff Chiropractic, Dr. Chen & Associates, Central Park South Dental, Numina Holistic Consulting, Via Prive, DDP Yoga, I.FLY Trapeze, FluNada, ALZi Tea, The Matrixx Power Suit Company, RzerV, Assurance Wireless, Topical Biomedics and Municipal Credit Union.
In 2011, the inaugural PIX11 Health & Wellness saw over 7,000 attendees, with the average visitor staying nearly 4 hours.
The PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo is open to the public, with tickets on sale for less than the cost of a doctor’s visit ($15 in advance at www.pix11.com/expo, $20 on site – with children 11 years and under free)
Please visit www.pix11.com/expo for detailed information on seminars, fitness classes and to purchase tickets.
PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo
DATE: Saturday, October 27
LOCATION: Jacob Javits Convention Center 655 West 34th Street, New York 10001
GENERAL ADMISSION: $15 in advance, $20 on site
Children 11 and under are free
For complete details please visit www.pix11.com/expo