WGN-TV Announces 9th Annual WGN Morning News Drive-Thru Toy Drive Dec 20 – Event Benefits Jennifer Hudson’s Julian D. King Gift Foundation!
The WGN Morning News Drive-Thru Toy Drive is celebrating its 9th year and bringing on the star power! Once again, the event is partnering with Jennifer Hudson’s Julian D. King Gift Foundation. This year, WGN will hold four satellite toy drives with partners over the weeks preceding the final toy drive at the WGN-TV studios.
Viewers will be invited to drop off new unwrapped toys to the following toy drop-off locations, and will receive the following special offers:
- Navy Pier IMAX – From now until December 2, receive a voucher for Free Child Admission to see “Happy Feet 2” with purchase of an Adult Ticket, with new unwrapped toy (one voucher for every toy donated). www.imax.com/oo/navy-pier-imax/
- ABT Electronics in Glenview, IL – From December 1-18, receive a $20 Abt Gift Card, with new unwrapped toy (one card per household, additional restrictions apply). www.abt.com
- Hollywood Palms in Naperville and Hollywood Boulevard in Woodridge, IL – From December 1-18, receive a Free Movie Pass good for two people at any Hollywood Blvd location, with new unwrapped toy (one pass per person, passes valid Sunday-Thursday, additional restrictions apply). www.atriptothemovies.com
- The Hair Cuttery– From December 15-19, the first 100 people will receive a free shampoo, hair-cut, and blow dry, with new unwrapped toy. Only valid at the Courtesy Plaza Location-5160 S Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL (One per person). www.haircuttery.com
- Feldco Windows, Siding and Doors will be giving away $100 Feldco giftcards while supplies last for each unwrapped toy donation made to one of their locations (one card per person). www.4feldco.com
Life Storage, self storage superstore, has volunteered to be the official storage facility for all donations collected. All toys will be donated to Jennifer Hudson’s Julian D. King Gift Foundation and will be dispersed to children later that week at an event set up by the Foundation.
The final day of the toy drive will be at the WGN-TV studios, located at 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 on December 20th from 5am-9am. This four-hour event will feature carolers, a visit from Santa, holiday fun, and an appearance by Jennifer Hudson. For more info, visit wgntv.com/toydrive or text TOY to 97999 for the latest offer tied to the Toy Drive.
Jennifer Hudson’s Julian D. King Gift Foundation is named in honor of the singer-actress’s slain nephew Julian King. The specific purpose of the Foundation is to help provide holiday toys to needy children in Chicago.