WGN Radio’s John Williams Encourages Cubs Fans to Click Their Heels at 2:10 P.M. Today in Honor Of Ron Santo
WGN Radio midday host John Williams is asking Cubs fans around the world to click their heels at 2:10 p.m. CST today in honor of Ron Santo, who passed away Thursday night in Arizona of complications from bladder cancer. Fans are invited to join John Williams in front of the WGN Radio Showcase Studio on Michigan Avenue to click their heels or submit photos and videos of their heel clicks at wgnradio.com.
WGN Radio is providing continuing coverage on-air and online today and throughout the weekend celebrating the life of Ron Santo, including interviews with Ron’s friends and colleagues and the opportunity for fans to share their memories of Ron on-air.
“We lost a beloved member of the WGN Radio and Cubs family. Ron’s voice was the true soundtrack of summer in Chicago and his presence in the broadcast booth will forever be missed,” said Tom Langmyer, WGN Radio’s Vice President and General Manager. “Our programming over the next few days is dedicated to honoring Ron’s life and legacy through the stories of his fans, family, and friends.”
The coverage will also include the following highlights:
Friday, December 3
- 12-1 p.m.: Cubs Confidential with Ron Santo – an intimate one-hour interview with Ron Santo hosted by David Kaplan
- 2:10 p.m.: John Williams leads Cubs fans around the world in clicking their heels in honor of Ron Santo
Saturday, December 4
- 1-3 p.m.: Remembering Ron’s Greatest Games: Rebroadcast of Kerry Wood’s 20-Strikeout Game, May 6, 1998
- 3-4 p.m.: Cubs Confidential with Ron Santo
- 4-6 p.m.: A special Ron Santo edition of Sports Central, hosted by Glen Kozlowski and Jim Memolo
Sunday, December 5
- 1-2 p.m.: Cubs Confidential with Ron Santo
- 2-4 p.m.: Remembering Ron’s Greatest Games: Rebroadcast of Carlos Zambrano’s No-Hitter, September 14, 2008
- 4-5:50 p.m.: A special Ron Santo edition of Sports Central, hosted by Glen Kozlowski and Jill Carlson
Listening is available online at wgnradio.com/listen and on mobile devices — including the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, BlackBerry and Droid. Details at wgnradio.com/mobile.
Fans are also invited to share their memories of Ron at wgnradio.com, as well as at facebook.com/wgnradio and facebook.com/PatandRon.