The Grand Prize Game has returned to WGN-TV and it’s not too late to sign up to play at wgntv.com/contests! Beginning on December 1 and continuing through December 22, 2010, four viewers will have the chance to play the Grand Prize Game live on WGN Morning News each Wednesday. In keeping with tradition, four ‘at home’ players will win the same prizes that their ‘in studio’ contestant wins. The first contestant chosen to play the Grand Prize Game this Wednesday, December 1 is Edward Lawrence of Chicago; the ‘at home’ player is Delores Hall of Alsip. Through December 17, viewers may enter for a chance to play at wgntv.com/contests.
Prizes for the game vary depending on how many buckets each contestant successfully reaches. Here’s what viewers can win:
- Bucket #1 — WGN Classic Pack – a WGN Classic T (Garfield Goose or Cuddly Dudley), Tom Skilling Warm Wear (available at wgntv.com/store), the Grand Prize Game home edition and classic cartoons from The Museum of Broadcast Communications.
- Bucket #2 – The new Lego Universe game and six months of free access to LEGO Universe online.
- Bucket #3 — $100 gift card to Woodfield Mall.
- Bucket #4 — One-night stay (Sun-Thurs) in Key Lime Cove’s Island-Inspired Queen Deluxe Stateroom for a family of 4, and 4 Lost Paradise Waterpark Passes.
- Bucket #5 — $1,000 gift card to Walter E. Smithe Furniture.
- Bucket #6 — A seven-night Apple Vacation for 2 to Barceló Huatulco Beach, Mexico.